Tuesday, February 1, 2011

mini-project: Binder Clip Phone Holder

Even though I read Lifehacker frequently, I can't remember the last time I tried one of their proposed hacks for electronic accessories. Countless ideas for $2 laptop stands, iPad holders, and phone cozys have come and gone, but today's post for a quick and easy in-car phone mount finally seemed like a good fit for what I've been looking for... Here's what I've cooked up using the article for inspiration





I made a few upgrades of my own: heat shrink wrap around the little arms instead of winding yards of string (I got a really good taste of that while making my "Arc Reactor"), and some adhesive backed foam on the inside of the binder clip to protect the plastic in my car.


After a quick test using my bookshelf, results have been satisfying so far. Can't wait to try this in my car soon...

0 comments: